2016/01/29

Ed Simbalist speaks at lenght on the differences between Chivalry & Sorcery and D&D, and the supremacy of the former.


It is with immense delight that i post today this rare and never before seen letter written long, long ago by Ed Simbalist.

It is no wonder to my readers that i regard Chivalry & Sorcery as the greatest fantasy rpg of all time, so my enthusiasm in having been able to uncover this letter and sharing it with the whole world stems from this fact as well.

In July, 2013 i posted for the first time another letter which was found in the old fanzine named "Underworld Oracle" where Ed Simbalist spoke more or less in the same vein about the abysmal difference existing between his game and Dungeons & Dragons.

Whereas, the letter that i'm publishing today comes from a very old issue of "The Apprentice" fanzine.

For ease of reference i thought to publish all of them together in a single post, so below you will find both of them: my new excavation (taken from "The Apprentice" fanzine), together with the material from my 2013 post.

TIP: Right click with your mouse and then "open in new tab" in order to see images in full detail.









8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thank you for sharing that. It is so nice to read about these insights into RPGs.

Doctor Futurity said...

Awesome. I spent a lot of time trying to find a copy of C&S in the 80's, which when found endlessly fascinated me but was ultimately too much....I settled for DragonQuest and Runequest 2 instead.

Darnizhaan said...

I love the passion, even if I cannot echo the sentiment.

Doc Savage said...

Frankly I find almost anything better than D&D.

Doc Savage said...

Frankly I find almost anything better than D&D.

Philosophical slumber said...

I quite agree with you Matt ;)

Shane Devries said...

Love your work - good to see these old documents published for all to see - I am on FB with my own C&S group - would love to see you guys there if you have your own FB account - contact me Shayne Devro - sdev2749@gmail.com

I also own the Chivalry and Sorcery Forum that has been going for a long long time - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/chivalrysorcery/index.php

Artist Turning To Science said...

Hi great reading your bllog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...