2011/11/29

A different education and background


I am not going to show AD&D glossy manuals to my nephew's eyes when he is 12 or 13 years old.

I will show him another fantasy rpg instead. At that particular age, if you are slightly interested in fantasy, you are bound to fall in love with the first game you ever see.So, why another potential AD&D players? The world is already full of them, one more is not necessary.

I will show him a different fantasy rpg.
May the same fate have befallen to me!
Sadly, i was shown AD&D, and it wad hard and difficult to discover all the rest afterwards.

The first fantasy rpg you stumble upon, is the one you'll always love.
AD&D players are everywhere, the world needs that other traditions, others niches, be continued.

1 comment:

Pulp Herb said...

I'm not sure I agree that the first is the one you love.

I played Holmes D&D before anything but looking back my strongest affection is for Runequest. To a large degree it is due to Glorantha. After not having a copy of RQ2 for years I bought one on Ebay. What surprised me is how little Glorantha material was in it given the effect it had on me.

I also have more love for The Fantasy Trip than D&D.

My playing D&D more than the above two has as much to do with a compromise between desire to play and who is available to play.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...