2011/10/14

Reactions to Clark Ashton Smith in 1930/1940 - I

("My favorite Science Fiction Author") by G.L. Bedford, Jr.:

"My favorite science fiction author is without a doubt Clark Ashton Smith. Although of late he has been writing weird stories and the fact that he has written more weird stories than he has science-fiction does not deter me from saying that he is one of the best science-fiction authors alive today. He told me that he liked to write weird stories better, so you can see that if he ever devoted his entire energy to the writing of science-fiction stories he would be far ahead of the so-called leaders of science-fiction today. Clark Ashton Smith has a wonderful vocabulary and knows how to use it. It is always worth the price of the magazine to read one of his rich, fascinating stories."

Wonder stories, June 1935

(Supposedly Smith read this, and was pleased by it).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...